2015年1月20日 星期二

Happy Year of the Goat!! 新年快樂!!


Chinese New Year is coming!  Happy Year of the Goat!  春節快到了!  羊年快樂!

This will be my last entry for a while.  After this week I'll be on vacation until February 24.  I'll resume writing this blog then.  這是我這個學期的最後一篇文章.  這個禮拜以後開始放寒假.  我寒假後再開始動筆.

Here's wishing you a prosperous Year of the Goat, and a happy 2015!  See you next month!  祝你有一個幸福的羊年和快樂的2015!  下個月見!

2015年1月16日 星期五

Intro 自我介紹 7

The following questions were taken from the Side by Side Activity Book, Level 2.  下列的問題出自Side by Side Level 2的作業簿



1. What do you like to do?  你喜歡做什麼?

Recently I like to watch American football.  Next week is the conference championships, and after that is the Super Bowl.  I am a big fan of the Seattle Seahawks.  最近我很喜歡看美式足球.  下禮拜有國聯決賽, 之後有超級盃賽.  我最喜歡的美式足球隊是西雅圖海鷹隊.

I also like to read, run, and ride my bicycle.  Eating pizza is another favorite.  Mmmm.  Pizza.  我也喜歡看書, 跑步和騎單車.  吃比薩則是另一件我最喜歡的事.  比薩超好吃!

2. What don't you like to do?  你不喜歡做什麼?

I don't like to write plans for next semester.  I just finished my plans the other day.  I also don't like to write plans for English winter camps.  I have to plan for an English winter camp soon.  我不喜歡寫下學期的課程計畫.  但我昨天才把它完成.  我也不喜歡寫寒假英語歡樂營的計畫.  但我必須很快地完成這個英語營的計畫.

3. How many oranges do you want?  你要幾個橘子?

I will take one orange, to be polite.  為了表現我的禮貌, 我拿一個.  

4. Do we need anything from the supermarket?  我們需要在超市買什麼嗎?

Beer would be good, if it's a Friday and I don't have classes on Saturday.  I would also like some cookies, and I should probably buy some more coffee filters.  如果今天是禮拜五,而且明天是禮拜六不用上班的話, 那我會買幾瓶啤酒.  我也想買餅乾.  也應該買咖啡濾紙

5. Do you think it will snow this winter?  你覺得今年冬天會下雪嗎?

In Taiwan?  Are you crazy?  Maybe high up in the mountains, but never where most of the people live.  在台灣?  你瘋了?  可能高山上會下雪, 但是在大多數人住的地方不會下雪.

The snow is only fun on the first day anyway.  After that you're digging your car out of the snow in the morning and wishing it was warmer.   反正只有在下雪的第一天好玩而已.  之後你一大早要把你的車挖出來, 並且希望天氣暖和點.


6. Do you like your Panorama fax machine, Jane?  Jane妳喜歡妳的Panorama牌的傳真機嗎?

My name is not Jane.  And how is it that you're still using a fax machine in this day and age?  Haven't you discovered email yet?  I can't even remember the last time I used a fax machine.  Are there still fax machines to be used?  我的名字不是Jane.  這個時代你怎麼還在用傳真機?  你還不知道email嗎?  我不記得上次用傳真機是什麼時候了.  現在還找的到傳真機嗎?

7. Are you a dishonest card player?  你打牌的時候會不會作弊?

Yes, I am.  Or am I?  是, 我是.  還是不是?
 
8. What were you and your friends doing?  你跟你的朋友們做什麼?

Which friends?  Where?  When?  Have you been following me?  哪一些朋友?  在哪裡?  什麼時候?  你跟蹤我嗎?

9. Will you be able to join us for dinner?  你可以跟我們一起吃晚餐嗎?

Sorry I can't make it.  After work today I'm going to go home and read my book.  Another time perhaps.  很抱歉, 我沒辦法去.  今天下班以後我要回家看書.  下次吧!

10. Will your children be busy this afternoon?  今天下午你的孩子會很忙嗎?

Yes.  They have big tests coming up, and they have to study.  My daughters are smart, but they are a little bit lazy.  I hope they can do better on their next test.  對.  她們快要考試了, 所以要讀書.  我的女兒很聰明, 可是有點懶惰.  希望她們下次考好一點.

Related Entries 相關的文章:

Disconnected 切斷的
Running on Fumes 臭氣路跑
A Wedding in Tai Ma Li 太麻里的婚禮
"Hello Foreigner!" 你好,外國人